Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning Coming To Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 6 comments
Mythic Entertainment has announced that its battle filled MMO Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning is coming to Intel Macs. The Mac version of WAR is schedule for release in the fall of 2009 and will allow Windows and OS X players to battle and quest together on the same servers.
The beta of the Mac version of Warhammer Online is available now and will allow current players to download a client to their Mac computers and play with their live game accounts. Players who do not have an existing live account, but are interested in playing WAR on the Mac, will be able to participate in the beta version of WAR on Mac by downloading a 10-day beta trial account. As part of the WAR Mac beta event, players who participate will receive an exclusive title and trophy reward for their characters within the game. The Mac version is courtesy of TransGaming's Cider emulation technology.
“The MMORPG audience continues to expand, and that means gamers eager to experience WAR aren’t all playing on a PC,” said Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. “We want as many players as possible to experience the glory of Realm vs. Realm combat, and bringing WAR to the Mac makes this an exciting reality.”Minimum System Requirements:
“The availability of WAR on Mac is an outstanding example of the caliber of games being deployed for the Mac gaming community,” commented Vikas Gupta, CEO & President of TransGaming. “Mythic Entertainment has created an incredible game and TransGaming is thrilled they have chosen our advanced Cider technology to launch WAR for the Mac.”
WAR for the Mac is made possible using the Cider Portability Engine from TransGaming that acts as a "wrapper" around the game software, enabling it to run seamlessly on Intel-based Macs. TransGaming's Cider technology allows Mythic Entertainment to rapidly enable and deploy WAR for the Mac, providing a new high quality gaming experience to the ever-growing Mac gaming community.
More about Warhammer Online:
War is everywhere in Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® (WAR), the new fantasy MMORPG from Mythic Entertainment, the creators of Dark Age of Camelot™. WAR features next generation Realm vs. Realm™ gameplay that will immerse you in a world of perpetual conflict for years to come.
Experience the glory of Realm vs. Realm! Declare your allegiance and join hundreds of thousands of mighty heroes on the battlefields of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning to experience the epic nature of war. Enter a grim fantasy world where the armies of Order (Dwarfs, High Elves, and Empire) and Destruction (Greenskins, Dark Elves, and Chaos) collide to determine the fate of nations. Invade enemy lands, besiege imposing fortresses, and sack sprawling capital cities for the glory of your Realm. Wield devastating magic and deadly weapons, battle monstrous creatures, and join your brothers-in-arms in epic Public Quests™. Climb the Bastion Stair, carry your Guild Banner into battle, and unlock the secrets of the Tome of Knowledge as you travel the world. Sharpen your blade and prepare to unleash your inner mutation-the Age of Reckoning has begun and WAR IS EVERYWHERE!
• Realm vs. Realm (RvR) gameplay means you will never fight alone, but as part of an army of allied players sworn to defend your homeland and conquer enemy Realms. Your every action-every quest completed, every battle fought-contributes to the war effort and can turn the tide of battle, bringing victory to your Realm!
• Experience the camaraderie of fighting side-by-side with allied players against otherwise insurmountable odds in groundbreaking Public Quests. These cooperative PvE encounters unfold across multiple stages and allow solo players to experience the glory of RvR.
• Embark on the endless quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, new abilities and rewards, and major story plotlines. The Tome is also the story of your life in the game, tracking your achievements to share and compare with others.
• Explore massive Living Cities that become more or less prosperous based on a Realms overall performance in the ongoing war. Navigate a maze of twisting streets, visit the local tavern, explore a dark under-city, and meet colorful personalities in a city full of adventure.
• Advanced guild features give unprecedented control to leaders and members, and make guilds an integral part of the war efforts. Guilds can create unique heraldry, capture and claim keeps, and earn Guild Tactics as they grow in power along with their members.
Drawing from a quarter century of highly detailed source material, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning brings Games Workshop's fantasy world to life in a way that will allow players to create characters destined for great deeds and glory on the field of battle.
• Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higherClick over to the links below to learn more.
• Intel Core Duo Processor
• 2 Gigabyte RAM
• ATI X1600 or NVidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM
• At least 15 GB of hard drive space for installation.
• This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems (PowerMac).
• Supported Video Cards:
--- ATI Radeon(TM) series
--- X1600, X1900, HD 2400, HD 2600, 3870
--- ATI/AMD: HD 4850, HD 4870
--- NVIDIA GeForce series
--- 7300, 7600, 8600, 8800
--- NVidia: 9400, 9600, GT120, GT130
--- This game will not run on the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards.
Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning
Pre-Order Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.