Cricket 3D Version 4 Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Cricket 3D version 4 is now available. New features in the latest version include options to set the type of field settings that you need when bowling (either defensive, standard or attacking), a new on-screen runbox display which follows the ball after every shot, and a full 15-man squad for each international team.
More information about Cricket 3D version 4:
Before the game starts, you become a selector making the choice of 11 players from the squad of 15 top players. Using the batting and bowling averages, your selections are saved away for both Test Matches and for Limited Overs games. With the teams chosen, at last you can take to the field and take on the opposition.Cricket 3D is only available for Macs and requires OS X 10.4 or later. The cost for the full version is £19.95. Registered purchasers of 3d version 2 or version 3, can buy the full game at half price(£9.95) at the website below.
A new display option gives you a birds eye view of the ground and the fielder positions. Using wagon wheel overlays that show how all the scoring shots have been made, you can choose whether to set an attacking, a defensive, or a normal field. This can be changed as often as you like and is stored away for each type of bowler.
A live action Runbox appears on the main screen after a shot has been played so you can watch the ball hit the boundary rope or the fielders as they chase it down. (This all-new feature is the result of ideas sent in from existing customers - we hope you enjoy it!)
The full version 4 of Cricket has all your favourite 3d action including:
- Improved models and smooth animation action
- Batting sides shown in their international colours
- Intelligent fielders watching your own play and moving to cut down the runs from your favourite shots
- Changing camera views to pan around the ground
- Tracker replay to see the flight and turn of each ball
- Bowler restricted to 20% of the overs during Limited Overs
- Run-rate (worm) graph to show the progress of each side during Limited Overs games
- Teams updated with all the latest international players and their bowling and batting statistics
- Full range of statistics and the latest scorecard and game summary
- Help screens and hints provided through a multi-tab window
- All designed to run under the very latest OSX 10.5 Leopard
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.