Braid Released For Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 16 comments
Hothead Games has announced the release of the Mac version of Jonathan Blow’s Braid. The launch of Braid represents one of the first collaborations between Hothead and independent developers to bring award-winning titles to new gaming platforms. In the unique puzzle titles player manipulate the flow of time as they quest to rescue the Princess.
Explore the human condition and manipulate time in the lush, painterly world of Braid, a puzzle-platformer that takes you from a house in the city on a journey through a series of worlds to solve puzzles and rescue the princess. In each world, you have a different power to affect the way time behaves, including the ability to rewind, create parallel realities and utilize time dilation. There is no filler in this game; every puzzle shows you something new and interesting about the game world.System Requirements:
• Untraditional platforming. You can never die and never lose, but challenge is always present and focused on solving puzzles, rather than forcing you to play and replay tricky jumps.
• Puzzle-rich environment. Travel through a series of worlds searching for puzzle pieces and solving puzzles by manipulating time: rewinding, creating parallel universes and setting up pockets of dilated time. The gameplay is always fresh and new and the puzzles inspire new ways of thinking.
• Aesthetic design. A painterly art style and lush, organic soundtrack complement the unique gameplay.
• Non-linear story. A nonlinear fiction links the various worlds and provides real-world metaphors for your time manipulations; act out real-world themes at your own pace, exploring playful “what if” universes.
• Forgiving gameplay. The game doesn’t force you to solve puzzles in order to proceed. If you can’t figure something out, just play onward and return to that puzzle later.
• Operating System: Mac® OS X 10.4/10.5 with latest updatesBraid costs $14.95 and has has been rated E 10+ for all platforms by the Entertainment Software Rating Board. Click over to the links below to learn more.
• Processor: PowerPC® G4, G5 or Intel® based Mac 1.0 GHz or better
• Graphics support: ATI Radeon(TM) 9500 or better, NVIDIA GeForce(TM) FX 5900 or better, Intel® GMA 950 or better
• Memory: 512 MB of available system memory
• Controller Support: OS-supported keyboard and mouse
• Audio: OS-supported sound card
• Hard Disk Space: 185 MB of available hard drive space
• Registration: One-time Internet connection required to activate
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.