The Sims 3 Online Feature Set Detailed
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Electronic Arts has released new information about online features for The Sim 3. Among the new features are SimPoints: currency used for downloading exclusive in-game content, The Game Launcher: a player hub offering a variety of game related information, and a completely redesigned Sims 3 website. The upcoming continuation of the popular life sim will also add new twists to the formula with customizable personalities, goal oriented gameplay, and movie creation.
Key Online Elements Include:Head over to the links below for more information.
Worthplaying: The Sims 3 Online Features
• Included with purchase of the game is $10 worth of SimPoints, which players receive when they first register their game online at TheSims3.com. They can use their SimPoints towards downloading exclusive in-game items from The Sims 3 Store to customize their game. For additional items, players can purchase bundles of 500, 1000 and 2000 SimPoints in $USD, EUR, GBP and other major international currencies using a variety of payment methods including international and national credit cards, PayPal, and EA cash cards (in North America only). Whether it’s the must-have new outfit or the latest style of plaid furniture, players have the opportunity to further customize and populate their Sims world with additional items.
• The Game Launcher is the key entry point for players into TheSims3.com community. This hub page connects players to both the Store and the Exchange, and provides them with news and information about game updates. Players can keep track of their downloads, uploads, installs, game updates and their media portfolio that includes the videos and photos they can capture while playing the game. The Game Launcher also alerts players to new content in the store, localized game and store promotions along with relevant updates to the Store and cool new content from the community.
• With the launch of the game on June 2, The Sims 3 website will be replaced with the full community and product site for the game. The site will not only connect players, encourage new ways to be creative in the game, and offer personally relevant information for each user, it also will serve as the hub site where players can share their content with other members, and embed them on social networking sites and blogs.
Key Site Features:
• The Exchange: Building off of The Sims 2 Exchange’s success of more than 100M downloads, The Sims 3 Exchange highlights featured items, most popular downloads, powerful search and browse capabilities, along with giving players the ability to see what other players are recommending.
• Create a Movie and Create a Story: New easily accessible tools inspire creativity and allow players to create movies and stories and then show them off or share them with friends. Players can show off their Movies with the Create a Movie Tool by embedding them on external sites or with an email link back to their Movie on TheSims3.com.
• My Page and My Studio: The Sims 3 product site will allow players to maintain their profile pages on their My Page section as well as offering them the new My Studio section to manage all their creations – Movies, Stories, Exchange objects. My Page is also a blog space where players can post news, customize it with a personal avatar, track favorites and more. Users can make friends with other The Sims 3 players and share their content across a number of social network sites.
The Sims 3
Buy The Sims 3
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.