Savage 2: A Tortured Soul 2.0.0 Patch Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
S2 Games has released the 2.0.0 patch for Savage 2: A Tortured Soul, a game which combines elements of first person shooter, real-time strategy, and role playing games. The update includes a variety of bug fixes as well as the introduction of a new Team Manager panel and Voice over IP.
Here's a list of some of the changes in version 2.0.0:
Team Manager Panel (new):For more information about the patch click over to the links below.
The Team Manager panel allows commanders to more easily view the status of their team, and also provides some additional controls.
- Visible information: Squad (by color), class, health, mana, name, officer status, inventory items, gold, souls, level, buffs, and debuffs.
- Can select/move the camera to a player (same as the top-left squad displays).
- Player swap (can move players around from squad to squad and even promote/demote officers by moving players around).
- Can give teammates gold from the team gold pool (there will be limitations on this feature to prevent abuse, and they will be tweaked/modified as necessary to prevent abuse). Players are notified when the commander gives a player gold.
VOIP (new/complete overhaul):
- Configurable Features:
* Test mic level (with visual indicator).
* Voice chat volume (the volume of chat from other players)
* Microphone volume (your input/record volume for your mic)
* Auto sound dampen (automatically turn down other game sounds when someone is talking - can be turned off, or maxxed out for no sounds while people are talking)
* Microphone boost (toggle)
* Disable voice chat
* Push to talk/voice activation toggle
* Voice activation record sensitivity
* Mic off time - Used for voice activation: the amount of time that the voice level has to be below the activation level before it stops recording.
* Select input device
* Auto gain control - All voice chat volume is automatically adjusted (to a limited extent) to keep everyone around the same volume level
- Other notes:
* The voice chat currently is audible for all players on your team.
* Players can be selectively muted (players remain muted until you un-mute them or restart Savage 2).
Savage 2 Patch Info
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 20, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.