And Yet It Moves Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Independent game developer Broken Rules recently announced the release of And Yet It Moves for Macs. Set in a world with a ripped paper visual style, the "puzzle platformer" brings a unique spin to the running and jumping mechanics with the introduction of a rotating play area. To succeed players must run, jump, and rotate to solve the 17 levels.
“Building a full version of the game was a tough ride, but it was fun,” asserts Project Lead, Felix Bohatsch, saying “We are a small studio, so in true independent spirit, we are very eclectic in our work. Every team member’s contribution ensures that we make a game we love to play.”Requirements:
In addition to the Jump ‘n Run concept, the core mechanism of And Yet It Moves is the ability to rotate the world in intervals of 90 degrees. The player has to apply the physical consequences of rotation with adroitness and a sense of orientation. The puzzle-platforming is set in a visually distinct style, made of ripped paper. The world is enriched with handmade sounds and music, all originating from sound designer, Christoph Binder’s, voice.
• Explore your new world! Solve mind-bending puzzles set in an extraordinary paper collage world of 17 different levels, brought to life with immersive sound and music.
• Platforming on a whole new level. Tired of the same old run n’ jump? Use 90- and 180-degree world rotation to achieve your goals – not for the faint of heart!
• Encore performances await. And Yet It Moves’ Speed Run and Ghost Run modes allow you to revisit previous levels to test your mettle in a race against the clock and your previous high scores.
• Challenge friends and foes alike! Submit your ghost to the global high scores online and see where you stand in the rotational ranks.
• Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 or higherAnd Yet It Moves is available for download from the link below and costs $9.95 for the full version.
Greenhouse: And Yet It Moves
• Processor: G5/Intel based 1.6 Ghz or higher
• Memory: 512 MB RAM
• Hard Disk Space: 60 MB
• Video Card: Intel® gma950 128 mb or better
And Yet It Moves
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, April 3, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.