Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Now Available
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
Transgaming has announced the release of Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 for Intel Macs. The popular real time strategy title follows the action as the Allies face off against the Soviet war machine and the Empire of the Rising Sun in a fictional futuristic setting. Red Alert 3 features missions designed for cooperative play, a focus on naval warfare, and over 60 minutes of live action cutscene footage.
After years of conflict, the Allies are finally on the brink of victory. Cowering behind the walls of the Kremlin, the Soviets decide to turn to one last act of desperation - the use of an experimental time travel device. The mission: to go back in time to eliminate Albert Einstein before he creates the technologies that will lead the Allies to ultimate victory. After a successful mission, the Soviets return to the present, discovering the Allied position has weakened. But before they can truly celebrate, they find out their actions have spawned a new threat and global superpower, the mysterious, technologically advanced, Empire of the Rising Sun. Welcome to World War III.C&C:RA3 is costs $39.99. Head over to the link below for more information.
TransGaming (add to watch list)
In Red Alert 3, all three factions will have their own hand-crafted story-driven campaigns, with co-operative missions designed solely around coordinating attacks and developing strategies with an ally. Hook up with a friend online to go through the entire experience or choose from a group of AI commanders, each with their own distinct playstyle and personality.
While most RTS games keep naval gameplay at the periphery, Red Alert 3 is not shying away from the high seas. The oceans now hold essential resources, and with many units and structures capable of becoming amphibious, players who turn their backs to the oceans will find conquering the world a daunting task.
• Red Alert 3 brings back everything fans love about the series, the humor, the popcorn style story and the franchise's fast, action-oriented gameplay, while breaking new ground for the genre, with an entirely co-operative, story-driven campaign campaign mode and an increased emphasis on naval gameplay.System Requirements:
• Co-Op Done Right - Every mission is designed from the ground-up with co-operative gameplay in mind. Join forces and strategize with friends online or join forces with nine AI commanders, three for each faction, all of whom have their own unique personality and style of play that might come in handy depending on the situation.
• Command the Seas, Conquer the World - Experience Gameplay as for the first time in the series, waging war on the water will be every bit as important as dominating by land and air. Gain strategic advantages by controlling resources in the seas and mounting three-pronged attacks from all directions.
• A New Threat from the East - The Empire of the Rising Sun is a technological terror, with unit designs influenced by a mixture of science-fiction, martial arts and robot culture. The Empire's futuristic units can transform into alternate forms, and they specialize in naval warfare.
• Star-Studded Storytelling - Command & Conquer's trademark live-action videos return in HD, with over 60 minutes of footage featuring the largest cast in the history of the Command & Conquer franchise.
• Mac OS X v10.5.6 Leopard or higher
• CPU: Intel Core Duo Processor
• 1024MB RAM
• Video card: ATI X1600 / NVIDIA 7300 GT
• Hard Drive: 10 GB
• Keyboard and mouse
Electronic Arts (add to watch list)
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 (add to watch list)
Buy Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.