EVE: Premium Graphics Beta, Boxed Version & Expansion
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
CCP Games has announced that all currently subscribed Macintosh users of EVE: Online can participate in an open beta of the Premium graphics client on the test server, Singularity. The client is the result of over a year of effort on the part of development teams at both CCP and Transgaming.
More information about the Premium Graphics client:
Current Known Issues List:The company, in partnership with Atari, has also announced the upcoming March 10 release of a boxed version of EVE Online, which will include the new Premium graphics client for Mac in the retail box. EVE Online: Apocrypha, the game's next free expansion, will be released at the same time. Apocrypha will feature new wormholes, the production of Tech 3 modular ships, NPC agents capable of assigning epic mission arcs, and a reworked New Player Experience for those new to EVE's universe.
1. Rainbow explosions in battle - Caused by a driver issue and resolved in OSX 10.5.6
2. Rainbow geometry in on stations and ships
3. ATI R500 Hang
4. Small geometry flicker on ships.
5. Full screen flicker just after reappearing through stargate.
6. Black screen on startup - Caused by a driver issue and resolved in OSX 10.5.6
7. "Clicking Sound" after double click
8. Flickering Bloom effect
9. Clicking yes on "Do you wish to restart the client"-questions doesn't work.
10. Ship textures randomly go black or flicker.
11. Cloaking effect does not run, ships cloaking and uncloaking just appear and disappear.
What we would like you to test:
1. Client Performance - Fly missions, go mining, shoot each other in the FFA's in FD-MLJ. Keep an eye on your fps rates and let us know about situations where the framerate drops to unacceptable levels.
2. Graphics Bugs - Flickering textures, wrong textures, broken textures. If you see one, please screenshot it and attach the picture to a bug report. Include a description of what you were doing at the time the error occurred.
3. System Hardware - Please experiment with client settings and let us know in this forum thread of the combination of resolutions and settings that result in best performance for you. We are working on a table that will provide recommended system and game settings for as many Mac hardware variations as possible and all input regarding this is welcome.
Recommended system specs:
• OS: OS X 10.5.6
• CPU: 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo
• RAM: 1GB
• HD SPACE:6.0 GB
• NETWORK: 56k modem or better Internet connection
• VIDEO: ATI Radeon X1600 128Mb
• DVD-ROM: 2 speed DVD reader or greater required.
“Just this past week we broke our concurrent user record with 45,186 people flying unbound in the same game world at the same time—a huge percentage of our quarter of a million current subscribers and a true testament to EVE in our sixth year of operation,” said EVE Online Senior Producer Torfi Frans Olafsson. “Today is an unprecedented time to start playing, as you can get ahead of the curve before Apocrypha releases in stores and our hard work hits the server cluster. It’ll be easier than ever to get ‘lost in the wormhole’ that is EVE with what we have planned for the future of our expanding universe.”Head over to the links below for more information about the Premium Graphics update and CCP Games' upcoming EVE Online related products.
Mac Premium Graphics Client Open Beta
The fabric of space itself will be transformed as vast, unpredictable wormholes open to connect previously unexplored regions of the universe to the stars of New Eden. The seeds of advanced new technology await inside of these cosmic anomalies for those brave enough to explore them. This infusion of technology will enable production of the most dynamic vessels ever – Tech 3 modular ships with an astounding amount of customizability that can fill any role from skirmish muscle to industrial support.
Furthermore, NPC agents in EVE Online: Apocrypha will be authorized to assign Epic Mission Arcs to the pilots of New Eden. These branching, far-reaching mission strings are full of meaningful stories and more intelligent and deadly adversaries.
In addition, we are offering an entirely reworked New Player Experience for those joining (or rejoining) the game – giving them better insight into how to thrive in a truly limitless universe. We’ve already launched EVElopedia—a great repository for information on all things EVE where our players are also building their own living history of the previous five years of Alliance warfare, political intrigue and nostalgic recollection.
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, January 12, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.