Geneforge 5: Overthrow Released For Macs
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 6 comments
Spiderweb Software has released Geneforge 5: Overthrow for OS X. The fifth game in the fantasy RPG series brings the saga its conclusion, allowing players to determine whether the Shapers or the rebellion will achieve victory. The game features over 80 areas to explore, five different factions from which to choose, and dozens of possible endings depending on choices made during the game.
More about Geneforge 5: Overthrow:
Spiderweb Software brings you Geneforge 5: Overthrow, the final chapter in their fantasy epic. Return to the world of the Shapers one final time. Explore a vast, war-torn world, create and mold your own army of strange, powerful monsters, and choose a side to help lead to final victory.System Requirements:
• Enormous world, with over 80 areas to explore.
• Choose among five different factions, each with its own beliefs, cities, and quests. Help the rebels or fight them. Your choices will shape the world.
• Dozens of different endings. Choose for yourself how the saga will finally end.
• Many paths to victory. Slay your enemies or use stealth and diplomacy to outwit them. Become engrossed in the storyline or just go out and wreak havoc.
• Lots of replay value.
• Prior experience with the Geneforge series is completely unnecessary.
The Shapers have the ability to create life in any form they choose. They can make living tools that obey their commands, plants that can flourish in the harshest wasteland, and powerful monsters that can crush all who oppose them. The Shapers ruled the known lands, and any who tried to rebel or learn their magical secrets were destroyed.
But then their creations rebelled. Working with humans jealous of their masters, they stole the secrets of the Shapers and created their own armies. They created and unleashed new, even more powerful creations and matched the Shapers in savagery. And now, years into the rebellion, the war has settled into a gruesome stalemate. The lands are scorched, and city after city falls.
The two sides are so delicately balanced that one brave warrior can turn the tide. Will you help the rebels overthrow the Shapers? Will you help the Shapers regain their power, tempted by the incredible rewards they offer? You might be able to end this war. Which side will you choose?
• Macintosh running System 10.3.9 or later.Geneforge 5: Overthrow is available for $28.00. Head over to the links below to learn more and download the demo.
• 50 MB free RAM.
• 200 MB hard disk space.
• 1024x768 screen resolution with 32 bit color.
• Geneforge 5 will run natively on Intel Macintoshes.
Buy Geneforge 5
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.