Wrath Of The Lich King Released
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 13 comments
Blizzard Entertainment today announced the release of Wrath of the Lich King, the second expansion to its award-winning MMO, World of Warcraft. The game opens the forbidding wasteland of Northrend to exploration and features higher character levels, new dungeons and encounters, a new character profession, and the game's first hero class: The Death Knight.
More about Wrath of the Lich King:
Players last visited Northrend in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne™, when Arthas Menethil fused with the spirit of Ner'zhul to become the Lich King, one of the most powerful beings in the Warcraft universe. He now broods atop the Frozen Throne deep in Icecrown Citadel, clutching the rune blade Frostmourne and marshaling the undead armies of the Scourge. In Wrath of the Lich King, the forces of the Alliance and the Horde will venture into battle against the Scourge amid Northrend's howling winds and fields of jagged ice. Wrath of the Lich King costs $39.99 USD and requires World of Warcraft to play. Check out the links below for more information.
Building on the foundation established in World of Warcraft and The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King adds a rich variety of content to an already massive game. New features coming with the game's second expansion include:
• Death Knight Hero Class: Create a high-level Death Knight character -- the game’s first hero class -- once certain challenges have been met.
• Increased Level Cap: Advance to level 80 and gain potent new talents and abilities along the way.
• Northrend: Explore the harsh new continent of Northrend, packed with new zones, quests, dungeons, monsters, and items -- and do battle with the undead armies of the Lich King.
• "Inscription" Profession: Learn this exciting new profession and gain unique ways to permanently enhance spells and abilities in the game.
• Siege Weapons and Destructible Buildings: Take the battle to another level with new player-vs.-player game mechanics and new battlefields to wage war on.
• New Character Customization: Change how characters look and express themselves, with different hairstyles and dance animations.
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.