EVE Online: Quantum Rise Final Release Coming November 11th
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
CCP Games has announced November 11, 2008 as the launch date for the final deployment in the two-part staged release of EVE Online: Quantum Rise, the ninth free expansion for EVE Online. EVE Online players have seen the performance-enhancing changes of the StacklessIO and EVE64 initiatives which were introduced in an earlier phase of the expansion’s release, and both of which were designed to allow for large scale battles with limited lag.
EVE Online: Quantum Rise will feature the ability for corporations to hand out custom medals for whatever achievements they designate, a new certificate system to measure individual pilot skill, introduction of the Orca capital ship, a rebalancing of ship speed to improve combat viability.
These previously unannounced features will debut in EVE Online: Quantum Rise: The full list of all deployed and upcoming features of EVE Online: Quantum Rise can be found here at the link below. The expansion will be available for subscribers as a free download.
EVE Online Quantum Rise Features
• The introduction of In-game Subscription Services. You can now convert your 60-day EVE Time Codes (ETCs) into two 30-day items in game. These “30-Day Pilot ’s Licenses ”can be traded freely through all regular means (via market or contract or directly between players) and can be activated at any time. This feature will be available on November 11 th or shortly thereafter
• Assembly Array upgrades for those wanting to produce on a grand scale
• Alchemy allows moon materials to shift the whole landscape of Tech 2 production
• UI changes include a moveable HUD, module recharge timers and weapon grouping
• More efficient bomb production. Producers get more boom for their materials.
• Upgrades to the Trinity Premium graphics content for the ubiquitous stargates of New Eden
• A rebalancing of ship speeds for vessels of all sizes to rediscover their combat viability, making player vs. player strategy and tactics more important than ever
• 10 new beautifully haunting music tracks by EVE soundtrack composer RealX
Already revealed features of Quantum Rise include the ability for corporations to create and distribute their own custom medals for whatever accomplishments they see fit to bestow on their members. Pilots will find a newly-designed certificate system provides a quick and verifiable way to prove their worth in gunnery, trading or countless other professions. The shipyards of New Eden have been busy rebalancing industrial ships and are almost ready to undergo production of the mighty capital ship, the Orca. For easier navigation, all ships will feature autopilot avoidance options and a few new routes will open up in New Eden.
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, November 3, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.