OpenArena Updated To Version 0.8.1
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
OpenArena, the freeware multiplayer first-person shooter based on id Software's tech3 (Quake III Arena) GPL source code, has been updated to version 0.8.1. The latest patch features a variety of updates and additions including three new maps.
It's been a while hasn't it :) anyway it's finally back. Windows, Linux, Mac releases are in the same ZIP. Non-Free-ness has been nuked. Also in there is a legacy client for those who prefer 0.7.1 input, as well as 3 new maps.Visit the site below for download links and more information.
Changes in 0.8.1:
• Uses protocol 71
• Single player campaign re-organized (Thanks cosmo)
• 'Depreciated' client for Windows 9X in addition (lacks ipv6 support)
• New hitsound
• New map: ps37ctf
• New map: ctf_gate1
• New map: am_galevish
• Space Marine should no longer crash on old client
• Chaingun works in unlagged now
• non-Free texture folders from previous release removed (this also removes the schism and q3dm6ish-v2 map)
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.