Platinum Arts Sandbox Update Adds Mac Build
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Platinum Arts has released version 2.2.4 of the Platinum Arts Sandbox, a game design tool based on the Cube 2 engine that allows users to create and edit their own worlds in game, even cooperatively. Among other things the update includes a Mac build of the Sandbox.
Updates in version 2.2.4 beta:
• Fixed entity editing in coop modeMore information about the Platinum Arts Sandbox:
• Rotoscope cartoon shader added, try /rotoscope 1 (thanks Eihrul!!)
• Fullscreen shader overhaul and now multile shaders can be active at one time (Thanks again Eihrul!!)
• Easy to add new textures, they don't require an extension anymore
• A Mac build thanks to Pbxor
• Many more "under the hood" fixes to Sandbox and MovieCube
Platinum Arts Sandbox is Educational Software that enables kids to design their own 3D worlds quickly and easily. Through the program kids can make their own mazes, castles, forts, cities, etc in minutes. Kids are also a part of the world when they are creating it, so they can watch the results of their changes as they are happening. The main mission of the project will be to add more features and ways for the children to add their own custom content and to make it as easy as possible for them to do so. Also Platinum Arts will be providing custom content such as mazes, playgrounds, forts, jumping levels, forests and natural terrains to explore, etc.Click over to the links below to read more.
Platinum Arts Sandbox Version 2.2.4
The project is to remain open source and free so that developers and kids can help add new content and features to help make Platinum Arts Sandbox the most fun and easy world creation tool possible. Platinum Arts Sandbox will be easy enough for kids to use but also powerful enough for full game projects.
Main Feature List:
- The ability to map edit in game in real time and cooperatively with other people.
- The ability to immediately play with and interact with map editing changes
- Several custom maps that will feature slides, jumping levels, mazes, amusement park rides, etc
- The pursuit of making it as easy as possible to add map features and content. Also the addition of new entities to add even more features and capabilities
For the current features being worked on please check the forums .
Platinum Arts Sandbox
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.