Spore Patch Available For Mac
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
EA and Maxis have released a patch for the Mac version of Spore, bringing the game to version 1.1. The patch offers a variety of bugs and performance improvements as well as a cheat that turns a creature into a blocky representation of itself, a cheat allowing players to start a new creature game with a more evolved creature of their choice, and a new inspection feature for browsing part stats applied to a creature.
Here's a partial list of updates in the patch:
FeaturesCheck out the rest of the updates at the patch page listed below.
Spore Patch Info
• New Cheat: "evoadvantage". Enter this cheat when are starting a new Creature game to choose any creature from the Sporepedia. Start a new game with one of your more evolved creatures!
• Display part statistics when you are in Build mode. Rollover any part and hold down the 'i' key.
• New Cheat: "blocksmode". Turns creatures into their blocky representations.
• More style filters. Open the cheat window and type: "stylefilter -microscope" or "stylefilter -norainbows" or "stylefilter -nextgen" to see the new styles
• Added 70 new planet scripts with a low terraform score, especially of the "hot and high atmosphere" type
• Creature phase: Improved the pacing towards the end of the game, and increased the challenge in Normal and Hard modes.
• Tribe phase: Increased the challenge in Normal and Hard difficulty modes.
• Civilization phase: Increased the challenge in Normal and Hard difficulty modes.
• Space phase: Made Empires in Easy and Normal modes demand reasonable amounts of money in exchange for peace and adjust the level of punishment if the player doesn't pay
• Space phase: Made disasters less likely to occur in Easy and Normal modes and increased the time between each attack from the enemy empire when the player is at war.
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.