Kivi's Underworld Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 1 comment
Soldak Entertainment has announced Kivi's Underworld for Mac and Windows. The game is described as a casual, hack and slash title. Players will explore the mysterious underworld as a mighty Warrior battling opponents toe to toe, rain down fire on enemies with the dangerous Fire Mage, use stealth to confound foes as a Scout, unleash the fury of the Berserker, or adventure with any of the other sixteen playable characters.
It all starts after a mining expedition, led by Kivi (a young lumen warrior), ventured into unknown territory, and opened a pathway to a deadly race. Dark elves decimated them. Kivi is the lone survivor, yet no one believes him about the new threat, since dark elves are just a myth. Kivi was there; he saw. The dark elves are real and his people are in great danger. Reluctantly, Kivi realizes that it is up to him. Features:
Playing as Kivi or any of his companions, you leave the safety of the protected, underground cities to rebuild the lost city of Defiance, recruit more lumen to your cause, and defeat this growing dark elf threat, before they destroy your homeland and all of your kind. The fate of the lumen is in your hands. Can you save the lumen people?
Although very easy to learn, mastering Kivi's Underworld is a different matter. With a fast pace, twenty playable characters, tons of powerups, many monsters using unique tactics and skills, numerous deadly traps, and multiple difficulty levels, even an expert player will be challenged.
• Unique 3D casual, action adventure Kivi's Underworld "will be released when it's done," but is scheduled to be finished in the 4th quarter of 2008. For more information about Kivi's Underworld head over to the site below.
• Fits easily into your schedule (designed to be played in 15 to 30 minute chunks)
• Interface is very easy to learn (only requires 3 keys/buttons)
• Play as any one of 20 characters with unique abilities and magic spells
• Playing missions with different characters results in different gameplay
• Can change class between every adventure without starting over
• Find and utilize over 20 types of magic powerups, which can drastically change the outcome of any battle
• Easily create new adventures, classes, and powerups or download those made by others
• By the creators of the Award winning action RPG, Depths of Peril
• Shares the same world history with Depths of Peril (huge backstory)
• Dangerous world to challenge your skills (tons of traps and many types of monsters each with unique tactics/skills)
• Four difficulty levels to match any player's skill level
• 30 adventures to explore and conquer
• Hundreds of secrets to discover
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Monday, September 1, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.