2009 IGF Announces Call For Submissions
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Think Services, organizer of the Game Developers Conference (GDC), recently announced that submissions are now open for the 2009 Independent Games Festival (IGF). Submissions to the 11th annual festival are due by November 2008, with finalists to be announced January 5th.
Games selected as finalists will available in playable form on the GDC show floor and will compete for nearly $50,000 in prizes, including awards for Innovation, Excellence in Design, and the coveted $20,000 Seumas McNally Grand Prize. Important IGF Dates:
Winners will be announced on stage at the prestigious Independent Games Festival Awards on Wednesday, March 25, 2009, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. The Independent Games Festival Awards are held along the Game Developers Choice Awards and both award shows are part of the 2009 Game Developers Conference.
• November 1st, 2008 - Submission Deadline, Main CompetitionCheck out the link below for more information about the competition.
Independent Games Festival
• November 15th, 2008 - Submission Deadline, Student Competition
• January 5th, 2009 - Finalists Announced, Main Competition
• January 19th, 2009 - Finalists Announced, Student Competition
• March 23rd-27th, 2009 - Game Developer’s Conference 2009
• March 25th-27th, 2009 - IGF Pavilion @ GDC
• March 25th, 2009 - IGF 2009 Awards Ceremony
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Monday, June 30, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.