Geneforge 5: Overthrow Officially Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Spiderweb Software has unveiled a new web page for Geneforge 5: Overthrow, the final installment of the long running fantasy role playing series. In G5:O players are returned to the war-torn world of the Shapers where they can choose a side and tip the balance of power toward victory.
The Shapers have the ability to create life in any form they choose. They can make living tools that obey their commands, plants that can flourish in the harshest wasteland, and powerful monsters to can crush all who oppose them. The Shapers ruled the known lands, and any who tried to rebel or learn their magical secrets were destroyed.System Requirements (subject to change):
But then their creations rebelled. Working with humans jealous of their masters, they stole the secrets of the Shapers and created their own armies. They created and unleashed new, even more powerful creations and matched the Shapers in savagery. And now, years into the rebellion, the war has settled into a gruesome stalemate. The lands are scorched, and city after city falls.
The two sides are so delicately balanced that one brave warrior can turn the tide. Will you help the rebels overthrow the Shapers? Will you help the Shapers regain their power, tempted by the incredible rewards they offer? You might be able to end this war. Which side will you choose?
• Enormous world, with over 80 areas to explore.
• Choose among five different factions, each with its own beliefs, cities, and quests. Help the rebels or fight them. Your choices will shape the world.
• Dozens of different endings. Choose for yourself how the saga will finally end.
• Many paths to victory. Slay your enemies or use stealth and diplomacy to outwit them. Become engrossed in the storyline or just go out and wreak havoc.
• Lots of replay value.
• Prior experience with the Geneforge series is completely unnecessary.
• Macintosh running System 10.3.9 or later.Geneforge 5: Overthrow is scheduled to be released this winter. Click over to the site below for more information about the game.
• 50 MB free RAM.
• 200 MB hard disk space.
• 1024x768 screen resolution with 32 bit color (Macintosh).
• Geneforge 5 will run natively on Intel Macintoshes.
Buy Geneforge 5
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.