Naval Battle, Chess & Backgammon Released For iPod
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
The steady influx of new games for Apple's iPod multimedia device continues with the addition of Chess & Backgammon Classics and Naval Battle: Mission Commander. Chess & Backgammon adapts to the player's skill level, offers both 2D and 3D display modes, and includes three different modes of play. Naval Battle updates the familiar Battleship concept with five game modes, an 18 mission campaign mode, and a variety of ships and special weapons.
Naval Battle: Mission Commander:The games are only compatible with iPod nano (3rd generation), iPod classic and iPod (5th generation). They sell for $4.99 each from the iTunes store.
Naval Battle: Mission Commander
Take control of your fleet and fight in extraordinary battles from the frigid Antarctica to the Pacific Rim. With unique high-tech weaponry for each ship, challenging mission goals, selectable characters, and astounding sound effects, the mastery of the seas becomes more thrilling than ever!
Carefully position your ships on the grid, adapt your tactics to your enemy's fighting style, and use the environments and obstacles to your advantage. To defeat your enemies and reign over the seas, you'll have to think fast and sink them - or be sunk!
• Two-sided naval battle game designed especially for your iPod
• Five original game modes include standard rules, a campaign mode with 18 missions, and more
• Eight modern high-tech ships each with colorful characters, different map sized, and destructive surroundings
• Extremely rich graphics, spectacular animations, and striking sound effects bring the battles to life
• Launch reconnaissance planes, fire torpedoes or use other weapons in your arsenal to defeat the opposing force
• A multiplayer mode for extended challenges
Chess & Backgammon Classics:
Two of the oldest and most popular board games of all time just went digital. Jam-packed with suspense, chess and backgammon put your powers of strategy and concentration to the test as you try to anticipate your opponent's next move. If you love a challenge and sheer excitement, this iPod games is for you. Think you're the master of strategy? Think again!
• All the official rules of chess and backgammon
• Suitable for players of all ages: adaptable levels of difficulty make it perfect for beginners and extra modes will keep advanced players challenged for hours
• Easy controls and a highly intuitive interface
• A great variety of atmospheres thanks to numerous trendy and classic themes
• Choose to play in 2D or in 3D for an immersive experience
• Choose from three modes, Instant Play, Quiz, and Classic Games, and three levels of difficulty.
Chess & Backgammon Classics
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, February 4, 2008
Friday, February 1, 2008
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.