Basilisk Games Seeks Beta Testers For Eschalon: Book 1
12:45 PM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Basilisk Games is now accepting Beta Tester applications for the Macintosh version of Eschalon: Book 1, the first in a trilogy of RPG titles.
E:B1 is the start of an epic trilogy of old-school computer RPGs created in the spirit of the great role-playing games of the past. The game will take players across massive outdoor environments and deep into dozens of sprawling dungeons as they seek to uncover the mystery of their characters' origins.
Features in Book 1:
- A tile-built, turn-based game world where the result of absolutely every action is rolled, calculated or statistically determined. Strategy is paramount to success; careful skill management, equipments election and magic usage will win your fights, not rapid buttonclicking. We are very pleased to say this is not another "action RPG".Anyone interested in participating in the beta test should head over to Basilisk's site at the link below.
Basilisk Games: Macintosh Beta Test Application
- Hundreds of items and dozens of creatures await your discovery. A combination of randomly generated treasure and carefully hidden goodies means that no two games will play the exact same way.
- Unlimited character development style: Choose from 24 unique skills to make the character you want and 8 base attributes that affect your character's every action throughout the game. The game world does not scale or adjust itself to match anyone's play style, so the ease or difficulty of the game is directly related to how successful you are at developing your character.
- Combat plays out at your pace. Eschalon: Book I features a turn-based system that allows you to roll through combat as fast or slow you want...make it fast and furious, or analyze every option for maximum advantage.
- A non-linear storyline means that the game world is open to explore as you desire. Follow the storyline or don't...it's up to you. Just be careful where you go and who you choose to trust- the world of Eschalon can be a deadly place for an inexperienced adventurer.
- An epic adventure that you must face alone...a single-player RPG carefully designed to feel like the great old school RPGs of the past such as Ultima®, Might & Magic®, and Wizardry®.
Basilisk Games (add to watch list)
Eschalon: Book I (add to watch list)
Buy Eschalon: Book I
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, November 19, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.