Wagram 1809 Released
11:12 AM | IMG News | Comment on this story
For those who love turn-based strategic warfare, By Design Inc. has added yet another title to their long list of historically accurate battle simulations. Wagram 1809 is based on a historical battle between Napoleon and the Austrians just outside Vienna. Here are details from the press release:
By Design, Inc. proudly announces that we have completed a new Napoleonic wargame only for the Apple Macintosh.By Design Inc has also created many other battle simulations; be sure and visit their web site for more details, and to download demos.
By Design, Inc.
This new game is based on the Waterloo Campaign engine but covers the battle between Napoleon and the Austrians outside of Vienna in the summer of 1809.
The game has the following exciting features:
- Battalion level conflict, command hundreds of units!
- Great new graphics, see hedge rows, streams, chateaux, and smoke clouds hang over the battlefield.
- All the commanders down to the Division level are present.
- Command your units as groups. You can move hundreds of units with a click of the mouse.
- Capture enemies flags. Increase the pride of your troops when they carry back enemy flags from a melee.
- Move units in formation by simply clicking where you want them to move to.
- Multiple units per square.
- Play either side and even switch sides in the middle of a battle.
- The units are fully editable. Add or remove any unit from any battle. Change the characteristics of any unit.
- Elegant, effortless interface. Lots of new interface features to help you understand your army and how to win.
- Rich historical content.
- Outstanding sound, hear the charge, cannons roar, and cavalry pound past your position.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, December 1, 2000
Thursday, November 30, 2000
Wednesday, November 29, 2000
Tuesday, November 28, 2000
Monday, November 27, 2000
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.