Casual Games Association Releases 2007 Report
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
The Casual Games Association recently released its 2007 report on the casual games industry. The report features a collection of statistics and other data that give a picture of the most popular casual titles and the gamers who play them. Solitaire, Tetris, and Bejewelled ranked among the most popular casual games.
A few statistics from the report:
- Casual games are a $2.25 billion a year industry.For more information about the report click over to the Gamasutra page linked below.
- The casual game market is growing at 20% a year.
- Over 200 million people play casual games each month over the Internet.
- Men make up 48.3% of casual game players, women 51.7%. However, women account for 74% of paying casual game players.
- Casual gamers who pay for a subscription and/or are community users average 7 - 15 hours of online play a week.
- Heaviest play times are right after dinner from 7pm - 9pm and during lunch from 11am - 2pm.
- The majority of online portals feature catalogs of over 1,000 games and add between 75 to 300 new games to their catalogs each year.
- Casual games are usually played for a short period of time increments, from five minutes to 20 minutes -- though it's common for people to play one game after another for many hours.
Gamasutra: Casual Games Association 2007 Report
Casual Games Association
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, October 26, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.