Darkwind War On Wheels: New Leagues Starting, Game Updates
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
In a new email update Pyschic Software announced the beginning of a new year in its 3D cross platform massively multiplayer online wargame, Darkwind: War on Wheels. January 2043 in the game also marks the start of a new set of leagues, making it a good time for new players to join in the action. The update lists many new features for the game, the introduction of The Darkwind Gazette (a player written newsletter), and a new review of the game from New Age Gamer magazine.
Here's a list of recent updates to Darkwind:
- Lots of new types of vehicles have been added – we’re now up to 47Follow the links below to learn more about all the Darkwind related news.
The Darkwind Gazette: Issue 1
- Numerous new weapons and addons such as nitro boosters and rocket boosters have been added – we’re now up to 51. The new ballistic weapons such as mortars have added tactical variability to combats since they can fire over obstacles.
- Improvements have been made to the driving physics, including slipstreaming/drafting and handbrakes.
- Custom events have been added, so players can create their own race/deathrace/combat events and define their entry fees and prizes. ‘Pink slip’ challenges are also possible, allowing the winner to take the loser’s car.
- A number of additional wilderness maps and a number of new racetracks in Elmsfield and Gateway have been added.
- NPC Contract Attacks and Bounty Hunters have been added, spicing up the PvP intrigue and increasing trader-versus-pirate tensions.
- Specialist skills have been made available to high-skilled characters.
- Many environment objects (buildings, trees, etc.) are now destroyable – this is a precursor to the addition of player-owned camps, which is a feature currently under development.
- Integrated Browser – currently in prototype, we’re streamlining the gameplay process by embedding a web-browser within the game client, so you don’t need to switch applications when you want to do some gang management or set travel orders, etc.
New Age Gaming: Darkwind Review
Darkwind: War On Wheels
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, October 12, 2007
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Monday, October 8, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.