Age of Mythology Universal Binary Update
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 6 comments
MacSoft recently released a new update for Age of Mythology. The update brings the RTS to version 2.0 and introduces a variety of changes and fixes including offering support for both Intel and PowerPC Macs as a Universal Binary application.
Age of Mythology 2.0 will update versions 1.0 and 1.0.1, and should only be used on the U.S. retail PowerPC installation of Age of Mythology.
AoM 2.0 requires the following:
- 500 MHz or faster PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel processor. 1 GHz or faster recommended.Those who install the update are strongly encouraged to make backups of all saved games before using the updater. Head over to Macgamefiles.com at the link below to download the patch.
MGF: Age of Mythology 2.0
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later. Mac OS X 10.4 “Tiger” recommended.
- QuickTime 6.4 or later.
- 256 Megabytes (MB) of RAM. 512 MB recommended.
- 32 MB video card.
- 1 GB of available hard disk space. 1.5 GB recommended.
- 8x CD-ROM drive.
- 56 Kbps modem or LAN for online network play. Broadband recommended.
- In addition, please note the following:
+ To play Multiplayer games via LAN, DirectIP, or GameRanger, all players must upgrade to version 2.0. Multiplayer games may not be played between versions 1.x and 2.0.
+ Bump-mapped water effects have been implemented.
+ Environment mapping has been added; certain units (such as Scarabs and Kraken) will appear shinier.
+ Some load times have been reduced.
+ Rendering speeds have been improved under some hardware cases.
+ Support for monitor resolutions up to 1920x1440 has been added.
+ Save games and third-party scenarios are stored within the Universal Binary application. If you need to access these files from the Mac OS X Finder, click the Age of Mythology game icon and do a "Show Package Contents". From there, locate the Contents/Resources/GameData folder.
Age of Mythology
Buy Age of Mythology
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Monday, September 3, 2007
Friday, August 31, 2007
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.