UT 3 Contest: Name That Map
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 4 comments
On the Unreal Tournament forums, Epic Games has asked fans to name a never before seen Capture The Flag map to be featured in the upcoming Unreal Tournament 3. Epic will be choose the name from the list of fan suggestions and the winner will see his or her name included in the UT3 game credits.
Calling all Unreal Tournament fans: Epic needs your help! We have a capture the flag map that needs a name, and we thought we’d turn to you for great ideas. We’ll start with an open call for name suggestions. We’ll give that until (9/10/07), then pick our favorite.Those interested in participating must post their name suggestion on the thread at the link below.
UT Forums: Name That Map!
Here’s some tips on how we choose a name:
- It has to sound cool!
- The name must be of the form “CTF-Name”. Multi-word names should be capitalized, i.e., “CTF-FirstSecondThirdWord”.
- Don’t be silly with using names trademarked by someone else, immature stuff, etc.
- The name has to fit the mood. This level takes place in orbit around Omicron 6, the home of the sinister Necris. CTF-HappySunriseBunnyKisses is not appropriate.
- The name has to relate to the map closely, so that if someone says the map name you’ll know which one they mean. For example, a map with a big suspension bridge is called CTF-Suspense. The UT DM map with the deadly pressure chamber was called DM-Pressure. We’ve broken this rule sometimes, but it’s something we’re paying more attention to in UT3.
- For this map, the obvious hook is the gorgeous skybox with the star (Omicron) rising over the planet’s horizon.
Unreal Tournament 3
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Monday, September 3, 2007
Friday, August 31, 2007
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.