Plant Tycoon Announced
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 7 comments
Last Day of Work has announced work on Plant Tycoon, a virtual gardening sim game that will allow players to breed and crossbreed plants while they search for six magic plants. As the game progresses players will grow their tiny backyard garden into a lush vibrant nursery.
As with the company's other hit games, Fish Tycoon and Virtual Villagers, part of the fun and mystery of Plant Tycoon is that gameplay is in real-time, so plants grow and things happen even when you aren't at your computer playing. Some of Plant Tycoon's features:
"When you work so hard to nurture and grow something, it's exciting to come back again and again and see how it changes," said Arthur Humphrey, founder and CEO of LDW. "It's that element of surprise that makes our games unique and adds a little bit of reality to the simulation."
- Dozens of seed varieties, plant species and gardening tools to work with. Plant Tycoon is scheduled for a September release and will be available for both Mac OS X and Windows. It will sell for $19.95.
- A wide variety of collectible insects.
- New ways to organize your budding business.
- Gorgeous, all new artwork with detailed dynamically-generated plants.
- Numerous purchasable items allow players to customize their nursery with fountains, statuettes, and more.
- A well-stocked gardening lab offers new chemicals for fun experimentation.
- Introducing pruning to customize the look of your creations.
- Original soundtracks and ambient sound effects.
Head over to the site below for more information.
Last Day of Work
Worthplaying: Plant Tycoon Announcement
Recent Mac Games News
Saturday, July 7, 2007
Friday, July 6, 2007
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.