Parallels 3 Released with 3D Game Support
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | 15 comments
Parallels, Inc. announced yesterday its release of Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac, a completely new version of its award-winning software that enables Mac users to run Windows, Linux, and any other operating system at the same time as OS X on a single Mac desktop, without rebooting.
The release of Parallels Desktop 3.0 introduces over 50 new features, enhancements and improvements to the emulation software. The release is anchored by SmartSelect, a powerful new feature that lets users use any OS X or Windows application to open any file type, regardless of whether that file is on the Mac or Windows desktop. Other improvements include 3D Graphics support which allows for games such as Quake, Half-Life 2, and World of Warcraft, as well as work with complex Windows-only 3D CAD programs.
Here's a list of some of the games which are confirmed to work with Parallels 3.0:
• Alien Arena 2007 (OpenGL) Parallels Desktop 3.0 costs $79.99, and is available to current users for a $49.99 upgrade fee.
• Baldur's Gate 2 (Direct3D)
• Call of Duty (OpenGL)
• Counter Strike 1.6 (OpenGL/Direct3D)
• Descent 3 (OpenGL)
• Doom 3 (OpenGL)
• Duke Nukem Manhattan Project (OpenGL)
• Dungeon Siege 2 (Direct3D)
• Far Cry (OpenGL)
• GORE - Ultimate Soldier (OpenGL)
• Half Life (OpenGL/Direct3D)
• Max Payne (Direct3D)
• Max Payne 2 (Direct3D)
• Neverball (OpenGL)
• Prey (OpenGL)
• Quake 3 Arena (OpenGL)
• Return to Castle Wolfenstein (OpenGL)
• Scorched 3D (OpenGL)
• Serious Sam The First Encounter (OpenGL)
• Serious Sam The Second Encounter (OpenGL)
• SiN (OpenGL)
• Tribes (OpenGL)
• Unreal Tournament 2004 (OpenGL)
• Warcraft 3 (OpenGL)
For more information about Parallels Desktop 3.0 follow the link below.
Parallels Desktop 3.0 For Mac
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Monday, June 4, 2007
Friday, June 1, 2007
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.