Tower Of Destiny: Skills, Deities, And Spells
6:00 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
A recent developer blog reveals some new information about Winter Wolves' upcoming RPG, Tower of Destiny. Drawing upon classic adventures of the past the game will offer dungeons to explore, a first person view point, and the ability choose a team for each foray from a pool of adventurers.
The blog post offers details on the interaction of race, class, and diety choice with spells and skills.
1. All races can be any class. some are more inclined to be casters than fighter, but they will be able to be good fighters anywayTo read the rest head over to the site listed below.
Winter Wolves Blog: Tower of Destiny
2. There will be 3 main stats: hit points, mana points and fatigue.
3. There will be 2 main classes type: fighters and casters. Plus some hybrid like druids or skirmishers that can do both.
4. The fighting classes will use fatigue to use special attacks that learn automatically as they level up and that unlock based on skills or attributes. Example there can be a special attack called “Swing Strike” that will require slashing skill >20 and dexterity > 10.
5. The casting classes will have the spells based on their deity. Each deity has a set of different spells based on different aspects. So you will have a wizard dwarf that will be specialized in nuking opponents and create magic item for example. Or a human that can cast protective and self-empowering spells.
6. For the casting classes, they’ll have restrictions based on the skills of a specific school of magic. Example, White Magic (the life magic) will include most healing spells from all the deities. Obviously the class healer will have more initial skills and will have a higher skill cap than any other class for White Magic.
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, May 11, 2007
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Monday, May 7, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.