Sauerbraten FPS Updated
6:22 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Sauerbraten, a free first person shooter built as a major redesign of the Cube FPS, was recently updated. The update provided a variety of bug fixes, graphical improvements, and content additions. Sauerbraten is available for download on Mac, Linux, and Windows platforms.
Here's a bit more about the game and a short list of changes in the update:
Much like the original Cube, the aim of this game is not necessarily to produce the most features & eyecandy possible, but rather to allow map/geometry editing to be done dynamically in-game, to create fun gameplay and an elegant engine. Head over to the Macologist website below to learn more.
* scoreboard now displays mode, map, and time remaining
* bases now produce ammo in capture mode (take ammo with R key or "repammo" command)
* added reflective water in fixed-function mode
* added reflective glass in fixed-function mode
* made waterfall top/bottom correctly align with water surface
* player vs. player collisions now use ellipses instead of bounding boxes
* added new functionality to the rpg prototype (WiP)
Sauerbraten Spring Update Released
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 16, 2007
Friday, April 13, 2007
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.