Sigma Chess 6.1.4 HIARCS 11 Released
6:01 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Sigma Chess 6.1.4 HIARCS 11 has been released and includes both the Sigma Chess graphical interface and the latest HIARCS (Higher Intelligence Auto Response Chess System) 11.1 chess engine. A Universal Binary which is compatible with Intel and PowerPC processors the HIARCS engine also supports multiprocessor/multicore hardware, taking advantage of the latest Mac computers.
Here's a list of features included in the latest update:
· The new HIARCS 11.1 single and multiprocessor/core chess engine in UCI formSigma Chess 6.1.4 HIARCS 11 is available now for Intel and PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) Macintoshes running MacOS X v10.3 or later. The single processor version of the game costs $49.95, while the multiprocessor version costs $99.95. Existing owners of Sigma Chess HIARCS receive a discounted price.
· Universal binary supporting all Intel and PowerPC Macintosh computers
· HIARCS can also be used with other Macintosh chess GUIs like Shredder, Jose and Scatha.
· 100 to 240 Elo stronger than HIARCS 10 on PowerPC and Intel based Macs
· Now can reach 2900 Elo on fast hardware - beyond World Champion strength!
· New Tournament book with the latest opening theory for study and preparation
· Nalimov tablebase support of up to 6 pieces for perfect play in the endgame
· New Sigma Chess 6.1.4 Graphical User Interface with new features like
Follow the links below for more information and links to the downloadable demo.
Sigma Chess 6.1.4 HIARCS 11
HIARCS Chess Software
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 9, 2007
Saturday, April 7, 2007
Friday, April 6, 2007
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.