Europa Universalis III, X³ Reunion, And More Coming To Macs
10:06 AM | Cord Kruse | 9 comments
Virtual Programming announced today that it will be bringing several new titles to eager Mac gamers. Among the upcoming releases is Europa Universalis III, X³ Reunion, and Championship Manager 2007.
Europa Universalis III is the latest in the popular strategy series focusing on exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy. The game is in the pipeline for release this spring and will incorporate the latest 1.2 update from the PC version.
Some of the game's features:
• Players can enjoy over 300 years of gameplay by starting at ANY date between 1453 and 1789.X³: Reunion will reach Intel Mac owners courtesy of a collaboration between Virtual Programming and Transgaming using Cider. The sequel to the award winning X²: The Threat will introduce a new 3D engine as well as a new story, new ships and a new gameplay to greatly increase the variety in the X-universe. X³ should be available in May.
• Nation building is flexible: decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and much more. The possibilities are endless.
• The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Take history in your hands and call personalities like Sir Isaac Newton, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart or René Descartes to your court.
• A lush topographic map in full 3D allows for a rich and complete world view, and contains more than 1700 provinces and sea zones.
• Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game’s extensive time span.
X³: Reunion is an epic action adventure game set in the vast reaches of interstellar space, the latest legacy in a line of space trading games. You start out the captain of a tiny, underpowered starship, and it's up to you to become leader of an empire using your wits and skill.Championship Manager 2007 should be available to eager football (soccer) fans this month, giving them the chance to take the reigns of their own club. "It's your decisions that count: your budget, your buys, your formation, your tactics... Use your skills and knowledge to manage your club the way you feel it should be"
X³: Reunion features an entirely new 3D engine as well as a new story, new ships and a new gameplay to greatly increase the variety in the X-universe. The economy of X³: Reunion will be more complex than anything seen in the X-universe before. Factories are being built by NPCs, wars can affect the global economy, NPCs can trade freely and pirates will behave far more realistically.
Here's some of what you can expect from the CM 2007:
• ProZone: For the first time, exclusive to Championship Manager, use ProZone for full match analysis – as used by top football managers. This new feature provides you with stats for every player and every game including: goals scored, runs made and shots/passes/tackles made or failed.Finally, Virtual Programming and Phantom EFX have collaborated to bring Reel Deal Casino High Roller and Reel Deal Slots - Mythic Forest to Macs. The games are available in boxed or downloadable versions.
• Comprehensive Data Update to player, staff, club and league data - including Conference North and South. Contains all transfers up to the end of August Transfer Window.
• International Management: Live the ultimate fans dream and manage your country to glory in the biggest tournaments in the world.
• Overhauled Front End Interface: All new skins, with ‘Dynamic Side Bar’ and ‘Menu Shortcut’ system.
• Team Talks: Pre-match, half-time and post match talks. Praise/criticise players and give individual instructions e.g. intimidate/go in hard – but be careful not to start a mass brawl.
Both games take the fun and challenge of popular casino games and bring them right to your Mac. Online play is provided via Mac server, PhantomVP.Head over to the sites below to learn more about the games listed above.
Championship Manager 2007
Europa Universalis III
Buy Championship Manager 2007
Buy Europa Universalis III
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
Monday, April 2, 2007
Friday, March 30, 2007
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.