MacSoft Posts Age of Empires III QuickTime Fix
1:55 PM | Tuncer Deniz | 1 comment
MacSoft has posted a quick fix for those running Age of Empires III on Mac OS X 10.3.9. According to MacSoft, the game will not run if you are on Mac OS X 10.3.9 and you upgraded to the just-released Quicktime 7.1.5.
Here's a temporary solution while MacSoft works on a patch:
A recent update to Quicktime from Apple has prevented Age of Empires III from starting up on systems running OS X 10.3.9. We are currently working on an update that addresses this issue, but the instructions below will allow you to play Age of Empires III on your Macintosh in the meantime.
1) Please locate the Age of Empires III program on your computer.
2) Control-click or Right Click on the Age of Empires III icon and select "Show Package Contents," then open up the "Contents" folder, then "Resources," "GameData," then finally the "avi" folder.
3) Go to the File Menu and select "New Folder."
4) Drag all of the files in the "avi" folder into the folder you created.
5) Close all of the windows and Start Age of Empires III.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to see the end of Act Movies in game until we have an update for Age of Empires III. However, it is possible to watch the movies if you navigate to the folder that you have created in the steps above. It will be necessary to drag the movies back into the "avi" folder after we have an update for the game that addresses this issue.
Age of Empires III
Buy Age of Empires III
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Monday, March 5, 2007
Friday, March 2, 2007
Thursday, March 1, 2007
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.