Torque Engine Adds Big Mac Updates
2:02 PM | Tuncer Deniz | 2 comments
The Torque Engine, created by GarageGames, which has been used in popular games such as Wildlife Tycoon: Venture Africa, Tube Twist, and Marble Blast, to name a few, has been updated to version 1.5. According to GarageGames, version 1.5 includes some big Macintosh specific updates that are newsworthy. They include the following:
• The Mac platform code has been almost totally rewritten. Much of the code now uses standard POSIX interfaces where they exist. The platform attempts to maintain support for versions 10.2 - 10.4(Universal) of Mac OS X.The Torque Game Engine is available for license to Indies for $150 ($749 for commercial). For more information on Torque, follow the link below.
GarageGames: Torque Game Engine
• Event handling and windowing code is much, much cleaner.
• Code that uses deprecated APIs have been removed.
• Many niceties have been added to try to make Torque more Mac-like.
• The Mac platform is multithreaded, to take advantage of multiple processor hardware, including multiple core intel hardware.
• Debugging is easier, as many randomly placed globals have been snipped or reorganized into platState.
• Wide screen displays supported, and window resizing are supported.
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Monday, October 23, 2006
Friday, October 20, 2006
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.