Firmware, Parallels Update Fixes Mac Pro Issues
8:30 AM | Cord Kruse | 2 comments
Apple and Parallels have both recently released updates which provide fixes for Mac Pro computers. The Update Release Candidate for the Parallels Desktop emulation software provides support for the new quad-processor Mac Pro towers equipped with up to 3.5GB of RAM.
Here are a few of the changes in the update:
- Support for new quad-processor Mac Pro towers outfitted with up to 3.5GB of RAM Apple's fix takes the form of a firmware update which fixes several Boot Camp and start up issues on mid-2006 Mac Pros.
- Compatibility with developer build of Mac OS X 10.5, code-named “Leopard”
- Experimental support for Windows Vista
- Solaris guest OS no longer hangs after suspend/resume
- An improved Parallels Tools package
- Full support for OpenBSD 3.8 as a guest operating system
- G4U hard disk cloning tool now works in virtual machines
For more information and download links click on the links below.
Parallels Desktop Update Info
Parallels Desktop Blog
Apple Mac Pro Firmware Update Info
Apple Mac Pro Firmware Update Download
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 18, 2006
Friday, September 15, 2006
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.