New X-Plane 8.50 Beta Available
8:30 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Laminar Research's X-Plane 8.50 Beta-11 is available for download. The beta streamlines the game's code and introduces a host of changes and fixes to the flight simulator program.
Here's a list of some of the changes in the latest beta:
- Various and sundry groundspeed displays now all display groundspeed, not total speed with respect to the ground.More information can be found at the site listed below. The latest beta can be downloaded from Macgamefiles.com.
X-Plane 8.50 Beta Info
-There is a difference. Groundspeed does not consider vertical component of speed.
- As well, the groundspeed readout in external cockpits should be a bit smoother.
- The "APP" autopilot lites now lite up when engaged.
- New instrument: Sideslip instrument in the 'supplemental' instruments folder. This tells you what your sideslip is in degrees.
- 40 joystick buttons per joystick are now allowed rather than 'just' 30, as before.
MGF: X-Plane 8.50 Beta Download
Buy X-Plane 8
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, September 18, 2006
Friday, September 15, 2006
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.