Civilization III: Complete Universal Binary
7:33 AM | Tuncer Deniz | 5 comments
Aspyr Media has released yet another universal binary patch, this time for Civilization III Complete. The patch updates both Civilization 3 Complete and the unsupported Civilization 3 Play the World applications and will update any version of Civilization III Complete Macintosh to version 1.22 Rev A.
Here's a list of changes and fixes:
- Provides a Universal Binary for both the Civilization 3 Complete and Play the World applications.To download the 42 MB patch, head over to our sister site, Macgamefiles.com.
MGF: Civilization III: Complete 1.22 Rev A
- Fixes error "Load Error: Error Reading file: Missing Entry in: Game Data\text\PediaIcons.txt"
- Fixes instances where game would sometimes fail when completing research, giving an error about missing Civilopedia entries or other strange behavior.
- Fixed sporadic crashes when music cues were being stopped.
- Music stuttering should be greatly reduced.
- Custom scenarios (such as the SGOTM at civfanatics.com) are now properly found if placed in "~/Documents/Civilization 3 Complete/Scenarios" (searched first) or "Conquests Game Data/Scenarios" (searched second)
- Saved files are now compressed. (Autosave files are never compressed, which is the same as the PC version.)
- When playing fullscreen (as opposed to a window), you may now temporarily leave the game by using either Cmd-H (OSX's hide command) or Cmd-Tab. Clicking on the game icon in the dock (or using Cmd-Tab again) will return you back to where you were.
- Compatibility fixes for several third-party mods. In particular, the "Rhye's of Civilization" mod now works. As a side effect, network games will not work with previous versions.
Civilization III: Complete
Buy Civilization III: Complete
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, August 28, 2006
Friday, August 25, 2006
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.