Aspyr Announces Digital Download Game Store
1:34 PM | Tuncer Deniz | 43 comments
Aspyr Media today announced the development of a new game application, The Gamerhood, that will allow a user to purchase and download a game directly to their Macintosh using a standard Internet connection. A wide range of Mac games, from very casual titles to some of Aspyr’s AAA titles, will be made available through The Gamerhood.
Over the next few months, Aspyr will release more specific information on The Gamerhood’s capabilities and a list of titles, which will be immediately available upon the application’s launch. A broad range of features already being implemented in The Gamerhood are listed below.
Aspyr’s The Gamerhood Features:
• Purchase games and download them onlineDownloading The Gamerhood will be free to all Mac users. Look for more details about The Gamerhood from Aspyr in the Fall 2006.
• Play games without physical CD/DVD media
• Check user compatibility by comparing machine’s hardware against a game’s
minimum system requirements before purchase
• Alert users to current Aspyr projects and new games
• Allow users to register games online
• Alert users to game updates and provide installs for updates
• Provide a user-friendly interface and convenient way to organize personal
• Allow parents to restrict game play and online game store material based
on ESRB ratings
• Provide users opportunity to take advantage of special offers
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, July 6, 2006
Wednesday, July 5, 2006
Monday, July 3, 2006
Friday, June 30, 2006
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.