Commander Europe at War Announced for Mac
7:36 AM | Andy Largent | 2 comments
Slitherine Software, makers of the Legion series of war games, have announced a new turn-based strategy title is headed to Mac OS X called Commander - Europe at War. The game is set in WWII and allows players to take sides of either Allies or Axis forces.
The game is being developed by Firepower Entertainment and will use Java technology to provide cross-platform capabitilites. Here's a breakdown of features of Commander:
· Huge hex based campaign map covering the USA to the west, Africa to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east.While the game is still very early in development, stay tuned to IMG for any new information available.
Commander Europe at War - don't use
· 6 epic scenarios including the operation Barbarossa, DDay and the Grand Campaign
· Research over 50 inventions from 5 different technology areas
· 12 different unit types including Light Tanks, Heavy Tanks, Destroyers and Motorised Corps, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
· Recruit and attach Historical Commanders to your units.
· Detailed and realistic combat that models supply, morale, terrain, leadership, equipment, training, strategic weapons and fog of war.
· Easy to learn, hard to master game play that is the cornerstone of Slitherine game design.
· Multiplayer via e-mail, hotseat, Internet and including optional timed turns and 7 difficulty settings.
· Use of Osprey publishing artwork in game, a leading publisher of military history books.
· Easily moddable script files that allow players to alter many aspects of gameplay including research, unit stats, terrain effects and many more.
Slitherine Forum Thread: Commander - Europe at War Announced
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Monday, May 15, 2006
Friday, May 12, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.