Mac Call of Duty 2 Gold
8:47 AM | Andy Largent | 5 comments
The Mac OS X version of Call of Duty 2 has just been declared Gold Master by Aspyr Media. This sequel to the original best-selling WWII shooter features many enhancements to its graphics, AI and gameplay, and is expected to ship out very soon.
Here's the lowdown from Aspyr's mini-site:
* The #1 WWII shooter development team returns with an amazing new experience: Developed by Infinity Ward, creators of the award-winning Call of Duty. All-new, unprecedented enhancements from stunningly realistic graphics to seamless gameplay, thanks to the revolutionary COD2 engine, groundbreaking AI, and choice-based gameplay innovations.The system requirements for the game include a 1.8GHz G5 or faster, and a graphics card equivalent to the Radeon 9600 or GeForce 5200. For the full details, see Aspyr's site. Also be sure to read through IMG's hands-on preview.
* New conflicts and enemies to face: Call of Duty 2 brings you bigger battles, with more tanks, troops, and explosions on-screen, and bigger scope, with a wide range of locales and environments across the European Theater.
* Rely on your squad as never before: The dozens of Allied soldiers surrounding you are fully aware of the changing situations around them, and will let you know using an all-new, context-sensitive battle chatter system.
* Choice-based gameplay: Play through missions in the order you see fit. Will you decide to play first as a sniper or as a tank commander?
* Multiplayer Mayhem: Go online for intense Axis vs. Allies team-based multiplayer action.
Macgamestore.com is expecting to ship the game on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Be sure to get in your pre-order at Macgamestore.com by following the buy link below.
Call of Duty 2
IMG Preview: Call of Duty 2
Buy Call of Duty 2
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Monday, May 15, 2006
Friday, May 12, 2006
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.