The Sims 2 Universal Binary Patch Released
8:09 AM | Tuncer Deniz | 13 comments
Aspyr Media has released the Universal Binary patch for the best-selling game, The Sims 2. The patch will fully update any previous version of The Sims 2 to version 1.0 Rev D. This patch provides Universal support for Sims 2 and provides fixes for several minor issues.
Here's a complete list of fixes:
- Adds native Intel supportTo download the 30 MB patch, head over to Macgamefiles.com.
- Fixes a problem rotating Sims with the mouse in Create-A-Sim mode
- Prevents The Sims 2 and Body Shop from running at the same time
- Adds the "Optimized Rendering" option to non-English preferences dialogs
- Fixes a crash on quit under OS/X 10.4 with certain NVIDIA adapters
- In window mode, prevents selecting a window size equal to or larger than the screen size
- Fixes a problem running the game inside a folder having extended ASCII characters in the name
- Disables the preferences menu after the game is running since nothing can be changed anyway
- Zoom function now works with the "Mighty Mouse" scroll ball
- Corrects terrain colors in the neighborhood overview
The Sims 2
MGF: The Sims 2 1.0 Rev D
Buy The Sims 2
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Monday, April 10, 2006
Friday, April 7, 2006
Thursday, April 6, 2006
Wednesday, April 5, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.