Ventrilo 2.3.2p9 released
7:43 AM | Evan Holt | Comment on this story
Ventrilo, a Voice-Over-IP program that allows users to chat was recently updated to version 2.3.2 prototype 9. The Mac version is slowly getting closer in features to the PC version, and this update adds the following.
1) Universal Binary support allowing native execution on both PowerPC and Intel based architectures. Previous versions that did not support Universal Binary worked perfectly on the Intel architectures via the Rosetta emulator but at a performance cost when transmitting a voice stream. With Universal Binary support the Intel based Mac's can now run at optimum performance.The Macintosh client requires that any server you connect to be configured to use the Speex codec for all voice communication.
2) Text-to-speech (TTS) support.
3) Wave file playback support.
4) Full featured Bindings editor.
5) Full featured sound events supports.
6) More architectural changes for better stability.
Operating System: OSX 10.3 or higher.
Platform: PowerPC or Intel.
Processor: 1.0 GHz or higher.
Sound Input and Output device.
Amplified Microphone or USB Microphone
Visit the links below for more information and to download the latest version.
Ventrilo: Mac Info
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, April 3, 2006
Friday, March 31, 2006
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.