A-OK! The Wings of Mercury 3.6 Released
7:37 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Pyramid Design has released version 3.6 of A-OK! The Wings of Mercury, a realistic simulator of the Mercury spacecraft. The simulation features 3D graphics, fully functional control panels, and networked simulations. The latest update offers improved graphics and performance, as well as the introduction of a downloadable flight manual.
"We have been thrilled at the response from our customers," statesHere's a list of the improvements in 3.6:
Joe Nastasi, president of Pyramid Design. "This release is part of
our long-term commitment to A-OK! The Wings of Mercury, which
includes not only improvements to the product, but making it easier
for dial-up customers to upgrade as well."
- Improved high resolution Earth modelsWhile a demo is available for download from the Pyramid Design website, the company is now also offering the demo and upgrade on CD as a courtesy to dial up users. The CD costs $5.95.
- Global cloud cover
- Sun rises and sets causing day and night lighting conditions
- All attitude control modes vastly improved in accuracy and performance
- Simplified joystick setup
- Periscope view more accurate
- In direct response to customer requests, the Flight Operations Manual
is now a PDF document that can be viewed and printed using Adobe
Acrobat Reader. The manual is available as a separate download in
addition to being included with the demo and full product.
The full version costs $49.95 and comes on a hybrid CD which includes both Mac OS X and Windows XP versions of the simulation as well as a bonus folder of historic Project Mercury documents.
Click on the links below for more information.
A-OK! The Wings of Mercury
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, March 6, 2006
Friday, March 3, 2006
Thursday, March 2, 2006
Wednesday, March 1, 2006
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.