Colossai Studios Announces Frontline Nation
8:44 AM | Tuncer Deniz | 3 comments
Colossai Studios today announced their upcoming title Frontline Nation. The game will be powered by Torque Game Engine, and will be released worldwide in the second half of 2006 for the Macintosh, Windows, and Linux platforms.
"Unprecedented war is upon modern Europe. Former alliances have withered and every nation is now on their own. Nationalism and militarism dominates the politics, which has allowed sinister leaders to take charge. Secretly they build their armies and make up plans how to annihilate their enemies.For more on Frontline Nation, visit the official web site.
Rule over one of the countries, and use your skills and deception to turn it into the frontline nation. Form alliances with important nations, and honour them as long as they serve their purpose. Develop weapons of mass destruction and let your armies roar over the continent. Become the last nation standing or die trying. Let the great war of the millennia begin."
Frontline Nation is a modern, turn-based strategy game situated in a near future Europe. The map is rendered in 3D and is divided into 45 countries, each containing a differing number of regions and cities.
Frontline Nation consists of two different gameplay levels, a strategic and a tactical. The strategic level is where the player manages production, diplomacy, research and coordination of military forces. The tactical level is where the battles take place. It offers the player full control of its military units in a dynamically created hexagon-based battlefield. The battles are fast-paced but different terrain types combined with a dynamic weather system and a day-night cycle adds an almost countless number of tactical possibilities. If the player wishes, the battles can also be resolved automatically.
Frontline Nation features include:
• A world-map consisting of over 500 regions and 90 cities.
• 45 playable countries, ranging from Malta to Russia.
• Multiplayer support for up to 9 players in concurrent and classic game modes. Supplementary hot-seat mode for multiplayer support on the same computer.
• Over 20 unit types, each with their specific advantages and drawbacks.
• Tactical combats on land, sea and air for complex but action-paced confrontations.
• A research system that let you develop missiles and different types of weapons of mass destruction.
• Diplomacy that let you use your full potential for persuasion and deceit.
• Spies that are used to infiltrate other countries and to perform covert operations.
• Special forces that can destroy vital structures without leaving a trace.
• Victory conditions to start anything from a total-domination campaign to a small skirmish.
• Optional missions that if completed, rewards your country greatly.
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, February 8, 2006
Tuesday, February 7, 2006
Monday, February 6, 2006
Friday, February 3, 2006
Thursday, February 2, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.