Freeware Oolite updated as Universal Binary
7:52 AM | Evan Holt | 2 comments
Oolite adds its name to the rapidly growing list of Mac shareware/freeware Universal Binaries. Oolite is a space simulator written for Mac OS X in Objective C using Cocoa and OpenGL. This 3D game incorporates trade, battles with pirates, bounty hunting, secret missions and numerous other features.
This latest version adds the following:
• New and improved equipment.The game and source-code are offered for free under a Creative Commons License and requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher to play. You can download it from the homepage using the link below.
• Overhauled collision physics.
• Ships entering hyperspace now leave temporary witchspace wormholes between systems.
• New Core Audio sound engine (thanks Ahruman).
• Improvements to gameplay including new scripting routines and enhancements to ships' AIs.
• Better compatibility with the vast range of Oolite Expansion Packs, including cross-compatibility with Oolite-linux and Oolite-PC.
• Configurable Growl notifications through the communications console.
• Many more bugfixes and improvements to gameplay.
Recent Mac Games News
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Monday, January 23, 2006
Friday, January 20, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.