Some people have had some problems with Tanks of Terror, and below are a couple of notes on the most common ones.Watch for this update at Macgamefiles.com, and be sure to leave your comments in the reader reviews.
* Control -- people that have had trouble with the control are almost always using the keyboard. ToT was designed to use analog control, and therefore the recommended control method is the mouse. Most everyone that has had a complaint and then tried the mouse find they liked it. This will be updated, see below.
* Missing DrawSprocket Function -- this happens when somebody doesn't have the right version of DrawSprocket. Download 1.7.5 from Apple.
* OpenGL 1.1.3 -- the documentation says it requires this, but 1.1.3 only comes with OS9, so pre-OS9 can use 1.1.2 without problem.
Also, an updater for Tanks of Terror is currently in testing. We are dedicated to making this the best game possible, and while we thank all those that have liked it so far, we take all complaints seriously. This update will include:
* More "arcade" like controls. Still will have realism, but more towards a Kart-type model then a Big-Heavy-Tank-type model.
* Better keyboard control (mouse recommended).
* Big scaling of maps -- more area to drive and pass.
* Reduced bounding boxes -- easier to get by trees, tombstones, tanks, etc. For instance, in Gauntlet 1 you can now drive between the trees.
* Better 'deathmatch' -- changed some rules to make it more fun.
* Tweaked Maps -- some maps were too dark, most notably the beginning of the cave on 1-1, 5-3, and 5-4.
* A couple more effects.
Finally, per requests, we will be adding 'site licenses' for ordering Tanks of Terror, mostly for schools and other institutions with a lot of computers in one area. The costs will be:
1 - $15
5 - $30
10 - $40
30 - $50