Eschalon: Book 1 Coming Soon
7:43 AM | Cord Kruse | 12 comments
Newly formed independent game developer Basilisk Games has announced Eschalon: Book 1, their soon to be released debut title. E:B1 is an RPG in the turn-based tradition of classics of the genre such as the Ultima, Might & Magic, and Wizardry series. The first in a trilogy, E:B1 will send players into massive outdoor environments and plunge them into dozens of sprawling dungeons as they quest to uncover the mystery of their character's origins.
Here's a list of the upcoming game's features:
- Hundreds of items and dozens creatures to discover. A combination of randomly generated treasure and carefully hidden goodies. The PC version of Eschalon: Book 1 is scheduled for a Spring release, with the Mac version following in the Summer. For more information check out the Basilisk Games site at the link below.
Eschalon: Book 1
- An non-linear storyline that can be played at your pace. As you struggle to uncover the secrets of your past, you must decide where to go and who to trust. The game world is yours to discover- just be careful not to get yourself in too deep, too soon!
- Unlimited character development style...Choose from 25 unique skills to make the character you want and 8 base attributes that affect your character's every action throughout the game.
- A turn-based yet fluid combat system keeps the action feeling near real-time. Strategy is key in Eschalon- careful skill management, weapon choice and magic usage will win your fights, not rapid button clicking. We are very pleased to say this is not another "action RPG".
- An epic adventure that you face alone...a single-player RPG carefully designed to feel like the great RPGs of the past.
Recent Mac Games News
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Monday, January 9, 2006
Friday, January 6, 2006
Thursday, January 5, 2006
Wednesday, January 4, 2006
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.