Magic Stones Updated, Expansions On The Way
7:50 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
Winter Wolves Software recently released an update for Magic Stones, bringing the game to version 1.1.6. The update adds a new Quest Mode which introduces The Bonelord, the first in a series of expansions for the game. In Quest Mode players will face much tougher battles and the chance to gain new runes and face new enemies. Winter Wolves plans to release more quest expansions in future updates which will each include their own story, avatar, runes, and enemies.
Updates in 1.1.6 include:
- new quest mode introduced! Complete the various quests that will be added to the game with regular updates to discover the new runes and stones of the Life and Spirit Magic. Quests are much more difficult than normal battles so you'll better try them with high level characters.A hybrid of role playing game and card game Magic Stones is based on Celtic mythology and allows players to search for hidden treasures and compete in druid duels in the land of Aravorn. A demo is available for download from Macgamefiles.com and the full game can be purchased for $25.
- first quest added: The Bonelord, adding the new stones of The Centaur and the Timber Wolf, and new enemy creatures like The Haunted Scarecrow, The Evil eye and much more
-now if you are doing a special attack, beside canceling it with spacebar, you can also cancel it pressing D (defend) or P (to switch back to Normal/Power attack selection)
- increased difficulty even more in normal Gather Artifact mode: you'll earn less XP points with higher difficulty settings and your mana will regenerate slower during the fight
- Sea Nymph special attack (Charm) will now have low chances to work against poweful creatures (with high defense) to balance the game better expecially in quest mode
- Added an indicator for ranged attack capacity in the fight screen when you open the runebook to summon new avatars, so you know if you can place an avatar on second line.
To learn more about Magic Stones follow the links below.
MGF: Magic Stones 1.1.6
Magic Stones Expansions
Winter Wolves Software
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, November 25, 2005
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Monday, November 21, 2005
Friday, November 18, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.