Red Orchestra 3.3 Released
9:22 AM | Blake Buck | 1 comment
Recently Macologist released the popular Unreal Tournament 2004 mod Red Orchestra 3.3 for the Mac. Red Orchestra is a World War II total conversion that puts player's in some of biggest battles of the eastern front. This release includes the following features:
- A unique player momentum system, giving an ever-more lifelike feel to movement within the game. The player doesn't just stop and start instantly, but takes a moment to get moving, or to stop.
- An item that has long been on the request list: different speeds depending on the direction of movement. The player now slows when strafing or moving backwards, for added realism.
- Improved AI for the bots operating vehicles: the driver will stop and go when ordered - and you can order the bots out of the vehicle if you want it all to yourself!
- One beautiful new map, never seen before: Baksan Valley - go try it out!
- With full access to the UT engine, we have been able to throw in some major rendering optimizations. This is showing an improvement of up to 40% in frame-rates on lower-end CPUs. Additionally, a number of the maps have been further optimized for improved performance.
- Vehicle movement has been improved: the brakes on tanks now hold the tank from rolling down shallow hills - and they won't "spin" so easily!
To download the update, visit the Macologist website by clicking the link below.
Macologist Download - Red Orchestra Update Patch
Macologist Download - Red Orchestra Full Install
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, November 14, 2005
Friday, November 11, 2005
Thursday, November 10, 2005
Wednesday, November 9, 2005
Tuesday, November 8, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.