DoomChronicles Updates to 2.1
9:05 AM | Eddie Park | Comment on this story
The DoomChronicles team has released a new patch for the DoomChronicles demo. Now at version 2.1, the patch adds four multiplayer maps and a new weapon: the sniper rifle. While the rifle currently uses the machine gun model as a placeholder, it is fully functional.
The new maps include Hopeless, a small arena, LostCause, which features caves and sniping locations, Roost, which is based off of a Soldier of Fortune 2 map, and SniperTest, which was originally used to test sniper rifles. Other changes include:
The full list of changes can be found at the DoomChronicles forum.
- Controls for Alt-Fire and Fire-Mode can now be set in MP GUI
- Zoom can now be set to be momentary or toggle through the MP GUI
- Shotgun Alt-Fire has been limited in MP to 2 shots per clip, to stop spamming and lag
- Shotgun fire in Double-Shot and Full-Auto mode may not be audible in MP if fired by another player.
- Shotgun Pellet load has been changed to help with Lag in MP
- Plasmagun clip size in MP has been increased to 50
- Plasmagun shots may not be heard by other players at times
DoomChronicles is a mod that features squad-based combat using the Doom 3 engine. More info can be found at the official site.
DoomChronicles - DC Demo v2.1 Patch
DoomChronicles - Mac Standalone Installer
Buy DOOM 3
Recent Mac Games News
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Monday, October 10, 2005
Friday, October 7, 2005
Thursday, October 6, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.