9:15 AM | Anthony Wang | Comment on this story
Nexuiz, a popular open source shooter has been updated to version 1.2. This new version bids the arrival of new game modes, performance enhancements, and numerous bug fixes. Below is a list of specific changes.
• CTF, Domination and Teamplay gamemodes now are fully supportedReleased back in May, Nexuiz is an ongoing volunteer project focused on bringing back the basics in deathmatch gameplay. The game uses a modified Quake 1 engine, named Darkplaces, so a high-end machine is not needed to try this out. Since Nexuiz is under the GPL, the game and all updates can be modified. In addition, all distribution of Nexuiz is done through the Internet.
• completely new Runematch gamemode
• reduced falldamage due to popular demand
• two new maps (for the CTF game mode)
• fixed nexdm17 to look like intended
• selecting gamemodes now works by selecting a map
• many other things
Please follow the links below to download the Nexuiz update which weighs in at 12MB, or to learn more information.
Nexuiz Downloads Page
Recent Mac Games News
Friday, August 26, 2005
Thursday, August 25, 2005
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Monday, August 22, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.