World of Warcraft Update Targets Mac Fixes
8:52 AM | Cord Kruse | Comment on this story
World of Warcraft has received a minor patch, bringing the game to version 1.6.1 and providing Mac specific improvements. In addition to the Mac updates, the patch includes updates to the Warrior class and some modifications to Blackwing Lair and Maraudon.
This update is currently only for North American and Australian editions of the game. Here is the list of changes for Mac users:
Macs The complete list of changes provided by this patch can be found at the link below.
- Increased the maximum number of sounds which can be played simultaneously. This will fix problems where some sounds could be dropped in very busy situations.
- Fixed WoW Error Reporter so that it doesn't crash under Mac OS X 10.4 when trying to send an error report.
- Worked around an issue where you would lose your Expose/Dashboard preferences if you crashed or asserted while in fullscreen mode on Mac OS X 10.4.
- Fixed the "blockWidth", "srec", and "bitnum < m_numBits" assertions bugs that would crash the game.
- Fixed a bug involving corpses near the player that could result in a crash ("BusError").
World of Warcraft
WoW 1.6.1 Patch Notes
Buy World of Warcraft
Recent Mac Games News
Monday, August 1, 2005
Friday, July 29, 2005
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Search for other Mac games news stories or browse our Mac Games News Archive.